Even some of the most stunning women often have to resort to concealers and make-up to hide their dark circles. Not only do these under-eye circles make you look much older than what you actually are, but they also have you looking ill or unhealthy.
Before we even begin this natural journey, let me tell you that dark circles take time to cure and require great discipline. A regular skin and health care program should be followed, by the book, so do not expect magic to happen overnight.
Causes of Dark Circles
Firstly let’s get down to some of the basic causes of dark circles.
1. Lack of proper intake of water – It is important to flush out toxins from your body constantly and store them lest they harm you. Start with atleast 10-12 glasses of water in your daily intake.
2. Haemoglobin Levels – You need to also check on internal problems with regards to your haemoglobin levels and get an appointment with your doctor to see if there is any internal weakness for which you may have to take vitamin supplements. This, however, can also be substituted with a high protein and balanced diet.
3. Genetic causes – Many times, the reason for dark circles may be genetic and not be directly related to your nutritional intake. In such a case, you will not be able to get rid of them completely but once worked on properly, will definitely be able to reduce them drastically.
4. Sleeplessness – For the night owls who party hard, smoke or drink, dark circles are bound to appear. Balance out your lifestyle and get proper rest.
5. Stress – Most people who are very stressed out also have sleep problems. Either they suffer from disturbed sleep and toss and turn or due to incessantly thinking don’t get to sleep. They often wake up groggy in the morning.
6. Lack of proper diet – Junk, preservative-heavy food and lack of fresh salads and adequate nourishing food in your diet will also cause the skin to look sallow and give you dark circles.
7. Prolonged illness – When recovering from a long illness, dark circles could begin to appear due to internal weakness.
8. Computer hours – Long hours in front of the computer can be harrowing for the eyes and can lead to eye stress and dark circles. Cup your eyes in your palms every hour to relax eye muscles and improve blood circulation.