Today’s life is more materialistic rather than realistic. It is well said that key to a happy life is being satisfied with what one have. Today’s materialistic life has made it difficult for the human to be contended with what he /she has.
Materialistic can be defined as being in possession of materials and other comforts or luxuries of life. There are always pros and cons associated with almost all the sources.
PROS AND CONS OF MODERN LIFESTYLE
PROS OF MATERIALISTIC LIFE
As we know that there are some positive effects of materialistic life . some of them can be listed as under:
1. It urges the man to perform at its best in almost all the aspects of life.
2.It facilitates the growth of individuals life.
CONS OF MATERIALISTIC LIFE
- Leads to discontentment in one’s life.
- being in more and more possession of materials may lead to lust
- Individual may indulge in some activities in order to fulfill his needs which may lead to harmful effects in future.
- It may become one of the main reason for one’s sadness or unhappiness.
- In case the need for materials are not fulfilled, it may become the reason for anger.
- The person may indulge in bad company.
- unable to accept the reality of life
- it may lead to the sense of hypocrisy.
- one may not experience the real knowledge
- leads to conflicts
- Many families get destroyed due to the lust for money.
From the above we can conclude that one should not indulge in so much materialistic things which may lead to disappointments and can become the core reason for the unhappiness.There are more cons of being materialistic and the positive aspect of being materialistic is very less.ONE must try to grow through life by experiencing the real knowledge.